Monday, December 05, 2011


Liberty Net: Genocide


There are various ways to describe genocide and the forms it may take. Leave it to the Liberty Net to provide an unique twist on the concept.

Below is an audio excerpt of the last Saturday-night-into-Sunday-morning get-together by the ultra-right-wing ham radio operators. The complete file can be found archived at http://3950.net/ as "Liberty Net - 2011-1203." I heard these statements early Sunday morning (12/4/11) while listening via the Web. This part of the discussion can be found around the 2:58 marker of the original file.





Can't you feel the love?

And don't forget: God doesn't change.

1 comment:

X. Dell said...

There seems to be an echo-chamber reality in these broadcasts, similar to cults. I don't know how many hams there are, or what percentage of them are into this ultra-right-wing dogma, but my first guess is that they are really isolated from the mainstream of society.

You wrote in a previous comment that there were thousands of people checking out one of these boards. Given that there are 300,000,000 people in this country, that's a tiny minority. I could see them almost resisting integration into the rest of society for a number of reasons--perhaps chief among them the fear of their own inadequacies. If I didn't think they'd kill me, I'd almost love to do a field study on these people.

On the bright side, this broadcast inspired me to invent a term: 'neo-babbling idiot.'