A Toast To A Snarky Skepchick Are you a lonely male skeptic? Is science your religion? Do you sneer at anyone who believes, for example, that a few UFO cases might be something truly mysterious, extraordinary? And, more importantly, are you a cynical alcoholic on the way to the gutter? Well, I have a blog for you: http://skepchick.org/blog . I’ve never read this blog in great depth but from time to time I’ve checked out some of the posts. When it comes to the paranormal, I try to look at the subject from all sides. As with any field of interest, sometimes you have to deal with the personalities involved to extract some data, overlooking the opinion mixed in with the fact. The head skepchick, Rebecca, likes to blab on about “drinkathons” in Boston, Philadelphia, and New York City where fellow skeptics gather to put down various outlier beliefs while putting down lotsa booze. In a post entitled “Brilliant Idea: The 10-Minute Lecture” (11/20/08), Rebecca mentions that at one such m...
Comments
We're due for a snow on Christmas Eve as well. I'll probably spend a good deal of the Yule shoveling.
Don't check the weather report? That's like entering the boxing ring and you don't know if your opponent has brass knuckles.
I have to check the forecast to dress appropriately and to be aware of traveling conditions -- by foot.
X. Dell:
I don't have to do any shoveling, fortunately. I don't have a car and I live in an apartment house where the landlord takes care of that white crap.
At the same time, no car to shovel out has a downside. Too many sidewalks are never cleared; I have to trudge thru the slippery snow and ice to get anywhere. Another reason why I don't find this to be "the most wonderful time of the year."
On the upside: the days are getting longer.