Tuesday, December 12, 2006


Comments?


I’ve noticed lately that I haven’t received any comments to my posts. One answer could be that I’m annoying or boring everyone Out There. Or everyone is busy with “the holidaze.” Another answer is that leaving a comment via Blogger is stopping a few opinions from getting through.

I know that Blogger can act quirky at times. When I want leave a comment, sometimes I have to post it twice. And with the big push to Blogger Beta, I wonder if things are really quirky to the point that comments are lost along the way. Also, to leave a remark at this blog, you have a join Blogger, an option that some people would rather skip.

I do value feedback. If you don’t feel like commenting, OK, that’s the way it goes. But if you’re not making a comment because Blogger is too bothersome, let me offer an option: email.

Yes, I know email has its own problems, such as spam, over-filtering, whatever. But it seems to work easier and better than using the comment option here.

So from now on I’ve listing my email address at the end of each post. Also, there’s a link to it on the right hand side of this page under LINKS.

I will add your remarks, if appropriate, to the post that you’re commenting on. If you don’t want your email message published, then please let me know. I won’t include your address when I print your comment; that should help to cut down on the spam for you.

Of course, by putting my email address up repeatedly, I’ll be the one who will probably see an increase in spam. So that I don’t think your email is spam, put RX COMMENT in the subject heading with the title of the post. ThanX.

Ray


Comment via email: rayxr@yahoo.com

6 comments:

Doug said...

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to see if Blogger will let this comment be posted.

This message will self-destruct in some undetermined amount of time.

Ray Palm (Ray X) said...

Doug:

ThanX for leaving the comment. As you know via email, I tried leaving one on your blog but had to give up after three tries.

Anyway, if anyone out there is having a problem commenting, just copy and paste the remark into an email to me. Also, for those who don't want to join Blogger to have the option to comment, I will use your comments and paste them in on my blog, unless you don't want your comment printed.

rayxr@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

X marks the spot.

Aren't these tests riveting?

Anonymous said...

Doug:

ThanX for checking out the comment feature for me.

Due to information overload, I never noticed that someone could comment without signing in to Blogger like I am now. Anyway, I'll see what happens with my comment via email option.

Dustin said...

I know the blogger comments feature only gets about half to two-thirds of my comments switching to beta. I've gotten a lot of e-mails from people who say they just can't get through. Hopefully they get it figured out...

Ray Palm (Ray X) said...

Dustin:

ThanX for the feedback. But do you mean that some previous comments on your original site aren't crossing over with your older posts and are being lost? Or that some new comments aren't getting on your Beta site? Either way, I advise people to email me to make a comment. I'll keep putting my email address at the end of each post. So far Yahoo! email is much more efficient than Blogger's sometimes screwy comment feature.

Ray